Recognizing Outstanding Supervisors
The nomination period for the 2024 awards ended on 11/15/2023, and the nomination forms are now being reviewed by the awards committee. Award recipients will be notified and recognized in April.
Current UT Austin Classified and Administrative & Professional staff members who were continuously employed for at least 20 hours per week from September 1, 2021, to August 31, 2023, were eligible for the awards. In addition, return-to-work retirees who met those employment requirements were also eligible. Previous honorees who received an award more than five years ago were also eligible.
Outstanding Supervisor Award Recipients must:
- Be currently functioning in a supervisory capacity;
- Demonstrate exceptional leadership ability;
- Contribute to and demonstrate a commitment to the University's core purpose and values;
- Create a positive and motivating work environment.
- Maintain open lines of communication within the department and throughout the University;
- Encourage professional development;
- Demonstrate fairness and equity in resolving issues;
- Remain open to feedback concerning their performance.
Supervisory staff members will be selected and awarded $1,500 each.
*The awards are subject to withholding for taxes.