Recognizing Outstanding Supervisors
The University of Texas at Austin Outstanding Supervisor Awards Program honors and recognizes the invaluable contributions of eligible non-teaching supervisors whose outstanding leadership, dedication, competence, communication, integrity, equity, and inclusion have had a significant impact on the university.
The 2021 Recipient List is available online.
Current UT Austin Classified and Administrative/Professional supervisors who were continuously employed for at least 20 hours per week from September 1, 2018, to August 31, 2020, were eligible for the awards. Previous honorees who received an award more than five years ago were also eligible.
Outstanding Supervisor Award Recipients must…
- Be currently functioning in a supervisory capacity;
- Demonstrate exceptional leadership ability;
- Contribute to and demonstrate a commitment to the university's core purpose and values;
- Create a positive and motivating work environment.
- Maintain open lines of communication within the department and throughout the university;
- Encourage professional development;
- Demonstrate fairness and equity in resolving issues;
- Remain open to feedback concerning their performance.
Supervisory staff members are selected and awarded $1,500 each.
*The awards are subject to withholding for taxes.