Recognizing Outstanding Supervisors
The University of Texas at Austin Outstanding Supervisor Awards Program honors and recognizes the invaluable contributions of eligible non-teaching supervisors whose outstanding leadership, dedication, competence, communication, integrity, equity, and inclusion have had a significant impact on the university.
The 2023 Recipient List is available online.
Current UT Austin Classified and Administrative & Professional supervisors who were continuously employed for at least 20 hours per week from September 1, 2020, to August 31, 2022, were eligible for the awards. In addition, return-to-work retirees who met those employment requirements were also eligible. Previous honorees who received an award more than five years ago were also eligible.
Outstanding Supervisor Award Recipients must…
- Be currently functioning in a supervisory capacity;
- Demonstrate exceptional leadership ability;
- Contribute to and demonstrate a commitment to the university's core purpose and values;
- Create a positive and motivating work environment.
- Maintain open lines of communication within the department and throughout the university;
- Encourage professional development;
- Demonstrate fairness and equity in resolving issues;
- Remain open to feedback concerning their performance.
Supervisory staff members are selected and awarded $1,500 each.
*The awards are subject to withholding for taxes.