University of Texas - School of Nursing Admission Procedures
Next application period:
The deadline for the current application period has passed
The application was closed on Sept. 11, 2015
Students applying for admission to the Professional Sequence in Nursing must first apply and be accepted to The University of Texas at Austin. For information about applying to the University, visit the Office of Admission web page at http://bealonghorn.utexas.edu.
Currently enrolled and students accepted to UT-Austin who have a minimum GPA of 2.75 in science prerequisite courses, prerequisite courses, and in the UT cumulative GPA may continue with the application for admission to the Professional Sequence in Nursing after carefully reading the instructions about How to Apply to the School of Nursing.
How to Apply to the School of Nursing
- Complete and submit the electronic School of Nursing application by the appropriate deadline. The instructions for the personal essay and letters of reference are included in the electronic application.
- Submit a $50 application fee in a check or money order made payable to The University of Texas at Austin School of Nursing (UTASN). The fee may be hand-delivered to the Student Affairs Office, NUR 2.400, or mailed to the Student Affairs Office, Undergraduate Admissions, UT-Austin School of Nursing, 1710 Red River, Austin, TX, 78701.
- A minimum GPA of 2.75 is required in the science prerequisite courses, prerequisite courses, and UT cumulative GPA.
- Confirm official transcripts from each college/university attended and high school transcript have been submitted to The University of Texas at Austin Office of Admissions.
- At the time of application, students must be enrolled in or have completed all prerequisite course requirements. (If there is an intervening summer session, as is the case with spring applicants for the fall semester, courses can be completed in the summer). All prerequisite courses must be completed prior to the beginning of the Junior 1 first semester in the Professional Sequence.
- Applicants will be notified of admission decisions prior to registration.
Application Deadline for Fall Admission is February 15.
Application Deadline for Spring Admission is August 16.
Notice Concerning Your Information
The Texas Public Information Act, with a few exceptions, gives you the right to be informed about the information that The University of Texas at Austin collects about you. It also gives you the right to request a copy of that information and to have the University correct any of that information that is wrong. You may request to receive and review any of that information, or request corrections to it, by contacting the University's Public Information Officer, Office of Financial Affairs, P.O. Box 8179, Austin, Texas, 78713 (email: email@example.com).