Recognizing Outstanding Staff
The nomination period for the 2024 awards ended on 11/15/2023, and the nomination forms are now being reviewed by the awards committee. Award recipients will be notified and recognized in April.
Current UT Austin Classified and Administrative & Professional staff members who were continuously employed for at least 20 hours per week from September 1, 2021, to August 31, 2023, were eligible for the awards. In addition, return-to-work retirees who met those employment requirements were also eligible. Previous honorees who received an award more than five years ago were also eligible.
Outstanding Staff Award Recipients must:
- Have a significant impact on the University through
- outstanding dedication;
- conscientious performance;
- excellent customer service; and
- Contribute to and demonstrate a commitment to the University's core purpose and values;
- Have significantly improved customer service or increased customer satisfaction for specific University customers;
- Have significantly improved a work process or system or have significantly increased the efficiency of an operation or unit;
- Have demonstrated an exceptional ability to foster collaboration, communication, and cooperation among colleagues and University constituents; or
- Have performed at a level above and beyond normal job requirements.
Staff members will be selected and awarded $1,500 each.
*The awards are subject to withholding for taxes.