Recognizing Outstanding Staff
The University of Texas at Austin Outstanding Staff Awards Program honors and recognizes the invaluable contributions of eligible non-teaching employees whose outstanding dedication, competence, conscientious performance, excellent customer service, and ingenuity has had a significant impact on the university.
The 2021 Recipient List is available online.
Current UT Austin Classified and Administrative/Professional staff members who were continuously employed for at least 20 hours per week from September 1, 2018, to August 31, 2020, were eligible for the award. Previous honorees who received an award more than five years ago were also eligible.
Outstanding Staff Award Recipients must…
- Have a significant impact on the university through
- outstanding dedication;
- conscientious performance;
- excellent customer service; and,
- Contribute to and demonstrate a commitment to the university's core purpose and values;
- Have significantly improved customer service or increased customer satisfaction for specific university customers;
- Have significantly improved a work process or system or have significantly increased the efficiency of an operation or unit;
- Have demonstrated an exceptional ability to foster collaboration, communication, and cooperation among colleagues and university constituents; or,
- Have performed at a level above and beyond normal job requirements.
Staff members are selected and awarded $1,500 each.
*The awards are subject to withholding for taxes.