Recognizing Outstanding Staff
The University of Texas at Austin Outstanding Staff Awards Program honors and recognizes the invaluable contributions of eligible non-teaching employees whose outstanding dedication, competence, conscientious performance, excellent customer service, and ingenuity/innovation has had a significant impact on the university.
The 2023 Recipient List is available online.
Current UT Austin Classified and Administrative & Professional staff members who were continuously employed for at least 20 hours per week from September 1, 2020, to August 31, 2022, were eligible for the award. In addition, return-to-work retirees who met those employment requirements were also eligible. Previous honorees who received an award more than five years ago were also eligible.
Outstanding Staff Award Recipients must…
- Have a significant impact on the university through
- outstanding dedication;
- conscientious performance;
- excellent customer service; and,
- Contribute to and demonstrate a commitment to the university's core purpose and values;
- Have significantly improved customer service or increased customer satisfaction for specific university customers;
- Have significantly improved a work process or system or have significantly increased the efficiency of an operation or unit;
- Have demonstrated an exceptional ability to foster collaboration, communication, and cooperation among colleagues and university constituents; or,
- Have performed at a level above and beyond normal job requirements.
Staff members are selected and awarded $1,500 each.
*The awards are subject to withholding for taxes.